LESSON 5, PART 2, WEEK 12–Praying for Protection on Our Family

Scripture for the week: I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 NIV

You can be certain that in the last days there will be some very hard times. People will love only themselves and money. They will be proud, stuck-up, rude, and disobedient to their parents. They will also be ungrateful, godless, heartless, and hateful. Their words will be cruel, and they will have no self-control or pity. These people will hate everything good. They will be sneaky, reckless, and puffed up with pride. Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure. Even though they will make a show of being religious, their religion won’t be real. Don’t have anything to do with such people.2 Timothy 3: 1-5 CEV

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.
*Because this lesson is extremely long, the format for the next two days will be different. Day 5, instead of being a review will be a continuation of Day 4.

Think On These Things:

Today we will continue on with praying protection on our grandchildren and our families.


Pray for protections from addictionsNo temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. I Corinthians 10:13-14

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. Psalm 50:15 NIV

God, You are faithful and I pray You will not let my grandchildren be tempted beyond what they can bear. But when they are tempted, provide a way out so that they can stand up under it. Here my call for their protection and deliver them.


Pray for godly mates to be raised up for themDo not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
 Corinthians 6:14

Lord raise up godly mates for my grandchildren, and let them not be yoked together with unbelievers.


Pray for Christian friends to surround them—He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13-20 NIV
As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another. Proverbs 27:17 NIV
Lord, I pray for my grandchildren to walk with the wise so they will grow wise. As iron sharpens iron, may they be sharpened by wise friendships.


Pray that God’s plan will be fulfilled in their lives—We’ve talked about this one before. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Lord, may the plan you have for _______________be fulfilled in their live. They are “plans to prosper _____ and not to harm _______, plans to give __________hope and a future.


Pray that they be delivered from a rebellious attitude—I pray that my grandchildren will Listen to advice and accept instruction and in the end _________will be wise. Proverbs 19:20 NIV


Pray that they will honor their elders—Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 NIV

Father God, I pray that my grandchildren will Honor their father and their mother, so that they may live long in the land and enjoy the blessings that God has bestowed upon them.

Pray for the lost within your family unitToday, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts. Psalm 95:8

Lord, I pray that today You would call to my family members. When they hear Your voice, I pray that they would not harden their hearts.


What Did I Learn

·       The days are becoming so troublesome that I need to be praying scripture around my grandchildren.
·       I learned specific scriptures to pray.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

·        Today, I agree to pray the Word around my grandchildren.
·        I may not cover every instance every day, but I promise to cover them to the best of my ability.


Father God, The scripture in Timothy tells us about the last days. Already I see evidence of those days coming to be. Please help me, as a praying grandparent to remember to lift up my grandchildren and our family daily and bring one or more concerns to you, repeating them in an never ending cycle. Thank you God that You are a shield about us, our protector, and the lifter of our heads. We love You. Amen.

Well, dear grandparents, we are at the end of this study. I hope my writings have blessed your life. I’m sure the scriptures have. Please message me and let me know how this study has helped you. I hope to soon have an e-book and paperback copies available. Look for them on Amazon. Meanwhile, there’s some work to be done before that happens.

Blessings on you and your grandchildren. Amen and Amen.

©Janet Teitsort, April 4, 2017 




Comments

Popular Posts