Lesson 2:  You Have Gained Spiritual Wisdom Regarding Your Life In Christ
Today’s Scripture Focus: 
. . . and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Psalm 71: 17 NIV

*Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you read God’s Word and seek His meaning.

When you accept the Lord as your Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live within you and stays.  He is our guarantee (Ephesians 1:13-14) that we belong to Jesus and have eternal life.  We can believe this because Jesus told us in His Word that it was so. 

The Holy Spirit has many roles.  In John 16:8 Jesus refers to Him as our Counselor or Comforter and John 16:13 states, But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. Because He guides, He teaches us and helps us as we grow in Christ. 

Because we have lived many years, and many of us have walked with Christ during those years, we have gained insight and truth from our life in Christ Jesus.

Rest assured that if you have just come to know Christ, the Holy Spirit will give you a bounty of wisdom and guidance to share with your family.  God uses the “life before Christ” times and contrasts them with the “after life with Christ” times to show us the wisdoms and blessings of following Christ. 

To those who accepted Christ at an early age, He has been training you in discipline and patience. You have also experienced the struggle between the flesh and the spirit.  You know the true meaning of overcoming through the power of the Holy Spirit.  You are to share what you have learned with your children and grandchildren, helping them to grow as children of the Lord. 

Think On These Things

I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.  Psalm 89:1-2 NIV

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry (to tell of His marvelous deeds), we do not lose heart.  2 Corinthians 3:15 NIV
Therefore this is what the LORD says:
“If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman.”  Jeremiah 15:19 NIV

But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.  Psalm 103: 17-18 NIV

What Did I Learn?
Using the verses listed above, answer the following:
What will you sing or speak of regarding God?

What will you do in regard to God?
            1.
            2.

What is your ministry to your children and grandchildren?



If we repent, what will God do for us?

What are we to do for Him?

What type of words are we to speak and why?

What promise does God give those who keep
a right relationship with Him?

I Will Apply What I Have Learned

STEP 1:  I will share something that God has done.

STEP 2:  I will point out the beauty in nature to my family (sunset, flowers, snow, trees, clouds).

STEP 3:  I will speak only helpful and encouraging words to my family.

STEP 4:  I will spend time in fellowship with the Lord, praising Him for all that He has done for me and mine.

Gracious Father,

I thank You for reminding me that I need to be sharing how You have worked in my life.  Also, thank You for reminding me to speaking encouraging words, not negative ones to my family and friends.  Show me exactly how You want me to share Your marvelous deeds and provide those opportunities for sharing with my family and friends, especially my grandchildren.  Thank You for Your promise that Your Righteousness is with my precious grandchildren.  In Jesus Name, Amen

©Janet Teitsort. Permission to reprint must be granted by the author.
Please message me on Facebook. Thanks and God bless.



Comments

Popular Posts