Week 8: Grandparents Teach About Witnessing, Lesson 1, Week 8: Shine Like Stars Among Believing Children


Scripture for the week:
One generation will commend your work to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate upon your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deed. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. Psalm 145:4-7 NIV


Lesson 1, Week 8:  Shine Like Stars Among Believing Children
Today’s Scripture Focus:
 "One generation will commend your work to another; they will tell of your mighty acts."  Psalm 145:4

*Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you read God’s Word and seek His meaning.


Think On These Things:
Each day we get up and live our lives in front of our family and friends.We probably don’t think a whole lot about it. After all, we’re comfortable with them. But with every move you make and especially with every word you speak, you are a living witness to them. 

What is that old saying? “You are writing a book with every word that you say.” Ouch! That could be good or it could be bad, depending on our mood. Also, it is important to remember that actions go a step further for they speak louder than words. This is where grandparents want to put their best spiritual foot forward.

This is why it is important to spend time daily reading our Bibles and in prayer. The Bible teaches us that when we spend time with Him, we are filled with HIS Spirit. Then we will speak words of peace and act in ways that are pleasing to HIM. When we fudge on the time we spend with Him, it’s all too easy to grumble or act in a way that does not glorify Him.

All too often our focus is on witnessing to the unbeliever and we forget that we are witnessing on the home front as well. Let’s resolve to spend time alone with our Savior, praising Him, letting Him teach us, fill us,
that we may shine like stars in the universes among the members of our family.

“Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips.Psalm 141:3 NLT

“Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman.”Jeremiah 15:19 NIV

What Did I Learn

I am the world’s witness, but I’m also witnessing to my _________________.

I learned that spending time with _________________by

reading______________________ and in _____________

are necessary for me to be a good ______________ to my

_______________________.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

Step 1:  I will spend time reading my Bible.
Step 2: I will spend time in prayer, praying for my family members by name.
Step 3: I will ask God to set a guard over my mouth and guide my words.
Step 4: I will speak words of worth to my family.
Step 5: I will act in ways that will glorify my Savior. When I fail I will immediately seek forgiveness.


Comments

Popular Posts