LESSON 2, WEEK 11–What Prayer Warriors Know



Scripture for the week:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him. I John 5:14-15 NIV


*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

Does your family know you pray? If not, why not? I know the Bible teaches we are not to be showy about prayer, but when we let our family know that prayer is our first thought, then that is a witness. They need to know that every day we seek God’s guidance for our lives and those we love. Establish your place of prayer and don’t be ashamed to request that you not be disturbed except for emergencies.

Prayer warriors know that prayer time is not to be taken lightly. It’s serious business—the most important thing you do! He is God Almighty and He deserves our full attention. No one rushes the Father, He wants your heart calm and your ear listening. As His Spirit fills you, it prays within you in groans you don’t even understand. And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. (Romans 8:26 TLB) Isn’t that wonderful? The Holy
Spirit is interceding with us.

Prayer warriors know that prayer is a privilege. This is a magnificent privilege that Jesus paid for with His life—His blood on our behalf. Think about that for a minute. We are told the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom at the moment of Christ’s death. Therefore we can pray directly to God.

Praying parent and grandparent warriors know that many family problems are solved in prayer. Pray and trust, pray and trust becomes our mantra for problem solving. God has the answers, we only need to bring
Requests to him.

What Did I Learn

Prayer can be a ____________to our family.

Teaching respect for ______ time, lets them know you value the time spent in prayer.

Prayer is the most _______________thing I do.

The Holy Spirit prays_____________us.

Prayer is a ______________________paid for by Jesus’ __________  __  ____ Cross.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned


I will set aside a time and place for  ________________.

I will teach my family to respect my ___________  __________.

I will consider prayer a privilege and honor it.

I will bring my problems and the problems of my family before the Lord
And trust Him for the answers.

Father God, Thank You for the privilege of prayer. It is a time of sharing with you, the Most High. Help me to realize that it is the most important thing I do. Let me bring all of my joys and my heartaches to share with you. In Jesus Name, Amen.


©Janet Teitsort, March 22, 2017 



Comments

Popular Posts