WEEK 11: GRANDPARENTS TEACH ABOUT PRAYER LESSON 1, WEEK 11–Called to Pray



Scripture for the week:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God;
That if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we
know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15 NIV

The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore be earnest, thoughtful men of prayer. 1 Peter 4:7 TLB

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

There are various levels of friendship. We have friends who are acquaintances, those who we know fairly well, and those who are kindred spirits. What makes the difference? Mostly it has to do with the quantity and quality of time that we spend with them. But add to that the very important element of  having rapport with them—the same heart-felt opinions and feelings about life—and you’ve made a life-long friend.
When we meet a kindred spirit, then we feel unconditional love and acceptance.

When we received God’s Spirit calling to us to accept Him as our Lord and Savior, and we answer yes, then we become kindred spirits with God.
We feel accepted and loved unconditionally. It is  the type of 1st love that the Bible refers to in Revelation 2:4.

But let me ask you, What makes a relationship grow? The answer is continuous interaction. Despite what modern psychologist have tried to tell us, it take both quantity and quality time spent together.

The same is true in our relationship with God. We need to spend time in prayer and in His Word daily, or we may lose the fervor of that 1st love.
What is prayer but a sharing with our Heavenly Father. It is a friendship
with our God that is like none other. We are called to pray and follow Him.

James, the brother of Christ, tells us in James 2:23 (TLB) that "'Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.' He was even called the friend of God.'" God can be your Almighty God, Jehovah, the great I AM, and still allow you to have a friendship with HIM. We can understand this as we grow in understanding. But for now, Grandparents, know that you are called to pray for your personal needs, the needs of others, and most importantly the needs of your grandchildren.

What Did I Learn

I learned that we are called to ______ so that we can interact and grow our relationship with _______/

It is possible to hold God in high e_______ and still know Him personally as a ___________.

If Abraham had a ___________with God, I can _____.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

Because God has called me to prayer, I will spend time talking and most importantly listening to Him. I will ask for spiritual ears to hear him.

I will honor and respect Him by praising the Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit.

I will confess my sins before Him and ask for daily cleansing.

I will daily bring my petitions before Him.

I will pray, believing that He will answer.

Father God, as I come before You today, I ask for spiritual understanding of what prayer will do for our relationship.
Help me see that prayer, along with Bible study will keep that 1st love alive. Give me spiritual ears to hear You and discern what You are teaching me. I pray this in the Name of the perfect Lamb of God. Amen and Amen


©Janet Teitsort, March 19, 2017  

Comments

Popular Posts