LESSON 4, WEEK 11–Growing the Faith



Scripture for the week:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that  if we ask anything
according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. I John 5:14 NIV

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

Every life is a story. I am a writer. I like stories. For example, I read the story of Noah and I’m in awe that this guy had faith enough to build a boat when rain had not fallen upon the earth. Then there is Abraham who God called to pick up and move. I read about his life and I see that even though he had faith in the beginning, that faith grew and grew. There are others, too. Moses, Joseph, the prophets, Paul, and the disciples--the list is endless.The Bible is full of stories, both good and bad. God didn’t hold back. He told it all, so that we would feel comfortable in our stories.

Our stories.  You do have one--you know, a life story about where you were born and where you live, what job you do, and woven in along with that story is your spiritual journey. Why am I bringing all this up? It’s because your story is what you can use to teach your grandchildren that God answers prayer.

I hope you already have, but if you haven’t, it’s not too late to start, Keep a prayer journal and record how God answers your prayers. Then when the time is right, share it with them. You can use other people’s stories to share about faith, too. Don’t miss any opportunity to share with your grandkids. You’ll be blessed and so will they.

What Did I Learn

It’s important to keep a prayer journal . It will help my
____________to grow and also allow my ________________
To grow in the faith.

It is important to share my _______________with my grandchildren.

They will grow in ______________as they see how my story unfolded.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

·       I will keep a prayer journal for the purpose of growing faith.
·       I will encourage my grandchildren to start a prayer journal.


Father God, I have a story with You as the author. Encourage me in keeping my prayer journal so I can realize what a great and Mighty God You are. Give me favor with my grandchildren when I suggest keeping a prayer journal. Cause them to decide to follow my decision to grow our faith. In the Name of our Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen


©Janet Teitsort, March 23, 2017 



Comments

Popular Posts