LESSON 2, WEEK 12–Praying for God’s Plans to be Fulfilled in Family Members’ Lives

Scripture for the week: I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 TLB

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

I come from a line of strong-willed individuals and so did my husband. It only stands to reason that we have produced strong-willed children and grandchildren. Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Strong-willed people are determined and do not give up easily. The problem exists when they are so strong-willed that they forage ahead without asking God about His will. This is why it’s important to ask God that His will be done in our lives and our family’s.

I’m now in the winter of my life, and as I look back, I can see where I ran ahead of God and took a detour. I’m happy to say, He did let me take that willful detour, but He brought me back to His plan every time.

God has a plan for each family member’s life. You can partner with God in seeing that they don’t miss the mark by praying for them. The very first thing we want to pray is that they will have a personal relationship with God. So always we need to pray for their salvation and walk.

Secondly, we need to pray that they will surrender their will to God’s will. When we are young, we always want to do it our way. Even when we’re old, we tend to do our thing, then remember we should have asked God

I also like to pray that God will make His will abundantly clear in my own life and the lives of my children and grandchildren. And, that we will be tuned in enough to hear and see His will for our lives. Ah, we have come full-circle—the relationship. If we walk with God, we will most likely hear and see the way He directs us.

What Did I Learn

Each family member needs to have a p __________  r ________________with the Triune God.

The need to  s______________their will to God’s will.
We need to so in tune that we will h_____________ and s__________ God’s will for us.

We also need to remember to ask God what _______   __________is for our lives.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

I will pray for my children and grandchildren’s personal walk with you.

I will pray that You would guide them and cause them to hear and see Your will for their lives.

I will pray that they surrender their will to Yours.

Father God, I lift up my family to you and ask that Your work in my children and grandchildren’s lives. I pray that they will hunger for Your Word and a personal relationship with You. I pray that we all will remember to ask Your will before pursuing our will. I also ask that You open our ears and our eyes to discern Your will. In Jesus’ Name Amen.

©Janet Teitsort, March 28, 2017 







Comments

Popular Posts