LESSON 3, WEEK 12–Asking God to Raise Up Godly Mates for Our Grandchildren



Scripture for the week: I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 NIV

Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. I Peter 5:7 TLB

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

I have always been fascinated by the thought that while I was growing up, my husband was in a different locality growing up. The way God orchestrated the events that brought us together amazes me. I believe God is Sovereign and therefore believe He brought us together. I don’t know if anyone prayed for us to find a godly mate, but I like to believe someone did.

When my children were quite small, I remember looking at them and knowing that someday they would grow up and leave the nest. I began right then and there praying for God to raise up a godly mate for them.Through the years, I have continued praying that prayer for my grandchildren and for my great-grandchildren. I know that God has honored those prayers.

But you may be saying, I did that too, but we’ve had divorce. How can that be when I prayed? This is a deep question with an answer so unfathomable that only God can explain it. Personally, I feel it has something to do with free will—both partners have been given such a will. What was meant to be, can fall by the wayside, when a partner fails to follow God’s chosen path. Here, I’m going to say, I don’t know the answer, but God is good and we can trust Him. I feel that it is important to pray and leave the outcome and the questions for God and God alone.

So why would God care who we married? First, He wants us to live in peace and to be serving Him. That’s why we are told in 2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? God knows when we are in disagreement over the most important issue in life there will be discord, and a pull in two direction. Make no mistake, God is wise.

Secondly, everything that affects us is important to Him. Scriptures tell us that even the hairs of our head our numbered. God loves you and wants the best for you. 

I’ve only named a couple of reason, but I’m convinced there are many others—too many to discuss here. But I urge you, grandparents, make prayer for your children and grandchildren’s godly mates to be a top priority. You’ll be glad you did.

What Did I Learn

God _____________about us. Even the hairs of our head are numbered.

God wants us to _________in peace.

Scriptures tell us to not be ____________yoked.

The reason for that is__________________________________________. 

Some questions are so unfathomable that we have to trust ____________.

It is i________________ to pray for God to raise up g____________

m___________for our grandchildren.

I Will Apply What I Have Learned

I will choose to pray that God raise up a godly mate for each of my grandchildren.

Dear God, I bring my grandchildren before you today and ask that You draw them close to You and that they would have a personal relationship with You. Lord, somewhere in this world is their future spouse, please be drawing them to You also. When the time is right, bring them together in their season.

Then father, for those grandchildren whose marriages have failed, bring a time of healing. And when that healing has taken place, bring the godly mate that You have hand selected to walk beside them into their lives.

Thank You for hearing my prayer and answering it. Thank You that I can trust You, even when I don’t understand what has happened, for You do. Amen and Amen.

©Janet Teitsort, March 29, 2017 




Comments

Popular Posts