LESSON 2, WEEK 10 –Circumstances Need to Line-up with the Word.


Today’s Scripture “They traveled through the region of Phrygia and Galatia because the Holy Spirit did not let them preach the message in the province of Asia.”

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

Today’s Scripture alludes to the fact that the Holy Spirit kept them from going to preach in Asia. And so it is that God guides us with circumstances. If we continue on with the passage, Acts 10, from yesterday, we see in verses 17-23 that God confirms through circumstances the meaning of Peter’s vision of unclean animals in the large sheet. Cornelius’s men are at the door to summons Peter. The Holy Spirit tells Peter to go with them for He has sent them. The circumstances lined up and it was plain that all of them were God’s will.

Bringing it closer to home, seventeen years ago, my daughter and son-in-law felt moved to adopt a two-year-old child (a girl) from Russia. Debbie had had a dream and knew this was what they were to do.  Normally, these adoptions take a long time and several trips back and forth. But in this instance, our granddaughter, Lainie, was home with us in only a couple of months. This was and is unheard of.  The point I want to make is when it is in God’s will, circumstances line up.

Grandparents share the times that circumstances lined up with your grandchildren. Encourage them to see that when it is within His will, “things” fall into place.

Countless times, I’ve prayed for a book to be accepted for publication, only to suffer disappointment. I learned through these times, it was only a delay because God had something better in mind. Perhaps you’ve experienced something similar in buying a house.

Thus, when it comes to decision making, check if it agree with God’s Word, then ask do the circumstances line up signaling a go.

What Did I Learn

I learned that when I am trying to make a decision, I need to ask if it

is in ____________________with God’s Word.


Then, I must look at ___________________________.  Are they

signaling a go?


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

·        I will search the Scriptures to see if it is in agreement with God’s Word.
·        I will pray for God guidance.
·        I will consider the circumstances and check to see if God is signaling a go.
God, I believe you have a plan for my life. Right now, I’m trying to make a difficult decision, one that I need your input on. Please show me through the Scriptures whether it agrees with your Word. Then guide me in the circumstances, assuring me that this is the way to go. In Jesus Name, Amen.



Comments

Popular Posts