Lesson 5, Week 8 Review and Study of Lessons 1-4


Group Discussion
If working on your own, use an individual review of the week.

Scripture for the week:
One generation will commend your work to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate upon your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deed. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. Psalm 145:4-7 NIV

What I learned

Lessons 1, 2, 3 & 4 : 

I have combined all four days together for whether we are witnessing to believers, non-believers, family, in our church, or within our community,
the most important thing I learned was:

If I’m abiding with Jesus, it’s going to show. Jesus said, "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 NLT)  Therein lies the answer.

We can smile at the right people, we can do what we think is expected, but unless we are heart-to-heart with Jesus, it is all in vain.

Among all those I mentioned that we witness to, who will the truth ring the loudest with? _________________

Yep! Your right--families always know the truth--especially our grandchildren. I doubt that anyone sets out to be a bad witness. In fact, I’m sure most of us want to be a “better-than-good” witness, but sometimes we are unprepared to give the best answer for we don’t know what the Word says regarding a topic. 2 Timothy 4:2 says “we are to be prepared in season and out” that means we must be ready to explain why something is or isn’t right.

Right now, ask God to help you stay connected so that you can bear much fruit for the Kingdom.


Father God,
My desire is to be a good witness, bringing honor to Your Name. I pray that you will cleanse me of self and enable me to be a good witness to my family, my community, my church, and to unbelievers. God, I know I can’t do anything in my own strength, but You can work through me using me as Your vessel of light when I stay tightly connected to You. Fill me with Your presence so that I may bear much fruit for You. Amen.






Comments

Popular Posts