LESSON 4, WEEK 10 –Recovering When Our Decisions go Awry


Scripture for the week: The Lord will make you go through hard times, but he himself will be there to teach you, and you will not have to search for him anymore. If you wander off the road to the right or the left, you will hear his voice behind you saying, “hear his voice behind you saying, ‘Here is the road. Follow it.’” Isaiah 30:20-21 GNT

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:

Sometimes we get in the way, even when we are listening to God.  Imagine that! Yep, we do. It’s at those times we get back on our knees and surrender whatever we’ve been clinging too. 

Remember the story about Moses in Exodus 4 about God telling Moses to throw his rod down (walking stick).  Later, Ken Medena would write a song about Moses experience implying he didn’t want to give up the security of that rod. Scripture just says that Moses did it. Often time in our lives, we kid ourselves saying we’ve given up everything—surrendered it all too Jesus when we haven’t. If we haven’t given everything to Jesus, then our decisions won’t be made in God’s perfect will.

Grandparents, at these times, in your life and in the lives of your children and grandchildren, it’s time to go back to prayer and ask God to show you where you went amiss. The Father who loves you will be happy to show you. You can get back on track and continue down the road God intended you to travel.

What Did I Learn

I must pray and ask Him to show me where I went amiss.

I learned that I must surrender my ______to Jesus.

I need to listen_______________________________.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

When it becomes apparent that I’ve taken a wrong turn, I will
go and pray to the Father seeking where I went wrong.

I will surrender my all to Him and let Him guide me anew.

Dear God, I know you have a plan for my life. I am seeking to follow that plan, so how wonderful it is to trust you. Even when I’m only half-listening, you will stop me and say, “here is the way, walk in it.” Praise You for your guidance. Amen.






Comments

Popular Posts