Lesson 2, Week 8: Being A Light for Non-Believers



Today’s Scripture Focus: They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate upon your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deed.


*Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you read God’s Word and seek His meaning.

Think On These Things:

The deacons were visiting a young man who had just become a member of a church. They asked him what had led him to Christ. He responded that since his marriage he had been observing his wife and he could see her love for Christ.  Wow! She was a living witness right in her own family. “There’s an old saying that your life may be the only gospel some people will ever read.” But I’d like to change that to “Your life may be the only gospel that people read in the beginning.” Hopefully, because of the way you live and speak, they will open up the Bible. Wouldn’t that be great? They will look at how you live, hear what you say, and choose Jesus.

It’s not always that easy because sometimes we Christians are saved by grace, but we are humans. We have faults and we don’t all have the dispositions where people see Jesus every moment of every day. We strive for that, but let’s face it sometimes, we fall short. We ask Jesus for forgiveness and get back in the saddle again. That’s the good news! So how can we be a good witness?

We can start with that early morning Bible reading and prayer. I vote for morning because you need it for the day. If you really, really work on that, you will be filled with the Holy Spirit and there’s a much better chance that family and friends will see Jesus in you.

But when you are having that morning-prayer, ask God to put people in your path who need a word from Jesus. If you’re not around family members who need Jesus, then pray that God will put bold-Christians in their path and if there are not Christians, then to send angels to minister to them. I promise you that is one prayer He will answer.

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.  Romans 10: 14 15 NIV

Just remember, we preach by our actions and our words.

What Did I Learn

I learned that people are watching _________________.

I learned that I need to be ___________for God to put someone in my _____________ to witness to.

I learned that I need to be ________________for the lost within my ______________and the ________________.


I Will Apply What I Have Learned

Step 1:  I will resolve to prepare for the day by my morning prayer and by asking God to put someone in my path that needs Jesus. I will ask Him to
open my eyes to see this person.

Step 2: I will resolve to pray for my own family to know Jesus. I will pray that God puts people and angels in their path to share the Word with them.

Step 3: I will ask God to help me live my life and to help me choose my words so that people will see Jesus within me. In doing so, my goal is to be a living witness to my family, including my grandchildren.

Dear God,

Please empower me and anoint me to reflex You in my life so that the people watching me will see Jesus. Remind me to pray and spend time
with You so that I will be prepared for whatever the day sends to me.
In Jesus Name, Amen.




Comments

Popular Posts