Lesson 3, Week 10: Godly Decisions Bring Inner-Peace



Today’s Scripture Focus:  You, LORD, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you. Isaiah 26:12 GNB

“For You shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.” Isaiah 55:12 ESV

*Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you read God’s Word and seek His meaning.

Think On These Things:

Today we will continue on with our passage in Acts 10:24-29. Today, we find Peter meeting with Cornelius plus other relatives and friends. But today, Peter is not wondering if he is doing the right thing by meeting with Gentiles. He knows he is doing the right thing. What had always been uncleaned for the Jews believers has been now declared as clean. I am so glad the Peter followed God’s leading in his decision, for without it, we Gentiles might still be on the outside—heaven wannabes.

Amazingly and with an inner peace, Peter begins to speak in Acts 10: 34. Pause and read this Scripture. How does he has such peace? He has prayed and he had let God lead him through circumstances.

Today, if we stay in close contact with the Lord through prayer and Bible reading, we can have that inner-peace that we are in His will.

Grandparents, when your grandchildren come to you asking questions about major life decisions. Remind them to pray. Ask if their decision lines up with God’s Word? What are the circumstances saying? When they can answer these questions, then they are ready to step out in faith—being assured that God is leading.

What Did I Learn

We will feel an ____________ if we are on the right track with out decision.

Our ability to make a godly decision are based on three things:

1.      We need to stay close to God in our _______time and __________study.

2.      We need to look at what _________________are telling us.

3.      We will feel an _________________when we have made the right decision.

I Will Apply What I Have Learned

I will make my prayer time and Bible study a top priority.
I will seek God’s guidance through prayer.
I will list the circumstances and see where they are leading me.
I will make my decision, expecting God’s inner-peace.

Dear Lord,
Decision making is tough. But how much easier it is when I follow your direction. I receive that direction when I’m walking close. Holy Spirit, how I praise You for your direction and inner-peace. Walk with me every step of the way. In Jesus Name. Amen.








Comments

Popular Posts