WEEK 10: GRANDPARENTS TEACH WISDOM IN DECISION MAKING LESSON 1, WEEK 10 –Decisions Must Agree with God’s Word.


Scripture for the week:

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 11 For by me your days will be multiplied and Years of life will be added to you. Proverbs 9:10-11 NKJV

*Before you begin, ask God to reveal His truth to you as you study His Word.

Think On These Things:
Today’s Scripture Reference—Acts 10:9-15.  Please read this passage in your Bible. This is the story of Peter and Cornelius. God confirmed to Peter in a vision that it was all right to eat all kinds of animals. When Peter argued, the voice confirmed to Peter “Do not consider anything unclean that God has declared clean.” This happened three times. Now, the number is important, for in the Bible, if anything happens three times it is a sign of completeness.

Meanwhile, three men from Captain Cornelius house called for Peter to come to him. Cornelius was a Gentile and Peter was a Jew. They were not supposed to mingle together. But Peter told him that he came at once because God had been telling him that he must not consider any person ritually unclean or defiled.”  Then he asked Cornelius why he had sent for him.

Peter knew he was to accept the Gentiles and the food that had always been unclean to the Jews.
He knew it because it had been confirmed to him three times in a vision or dream.

Grandparents—we must teach ourselves, our children, and grandchildren, that whatever decision you are struggling with has an answer in the Bible. God will confirm your answer, or direction through His Word.  The only thing is you need to be in the word on a daily bases. Sometime it’s only after weeks of reading that you realize what God is trying to tell you. Also, we need to be praying for God to guide us in our decisions.

Sometimes, when we’re reading the Bible, the words leap off the page, and we know God means that for our answer. You’ll know when that happens. Sometimes it is listed in a definite commandment. Is it wise to seek other godly people’s counsel? Only if they are pointing us back to the word.

What Did I Learn

Our decisions must line up with ________   _________________.

If we are in God’s Word, quite likely, we will happen on the answers to our decisions.

Godly counsel is okay if they are pointing us back to the Word.

We need to pray for God to guide us in our decisions.

I Will Apply What I Have Learned

I will commit to being in the Word daily. I will encourage my family to do likewise.

When my family comes to me struggle over a decision, I will pray with them and ask them what the Bible says.

I will encourage my grandchildren to make godly decisions.

Meanwhile, I will be praying for God to lead them in His plan for their life. Jeremiah 29:11

Dear God,
Please open the eyes of my family and give them a hunger for the Word so that they might make godly decisions. Use me as an instrument in Your hand to teach my grandchildren how you long to lead them and that You have a plan for their lives. Amen



Comments

Popular Posts