Lesson 4, Week 8: Being a Light within Your Community



Today’s Scripture Focus: They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. Psalm 145:7 NIV

*Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you read God’s Word and seek His meaning.

Think On These Things:

Letting your light shine in your community is not something you plan on, but something that happens when you live your life as a child of God. No doubt you are connected with a church and most likely people know it. In a small community, there is no doubt about where you stand. But perhaps you live in a city where your community may be your apartment building, or the neighborhood in a housing development. Sometimes our community is the people we work with. Wherever your community is if you’re abiding with Jesus, it’s going to show. Jesus said, "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.(John 15:5 NLT)  Therein lies the key. If you’re part of a community and you’re a Christian who stays connected to the vine (Jesus Christ), then you are going to bear fruit and be a witness to those around you.

Isn’t it interesting that whether we are being a witness to our family, church, or community, it all comes down to our relationship with Christ. It has to do with the last part of that verse in John 15. “For apart from me you can do nothing.”5b

What Did I Learn

I learned my community is the p______________I come in contact with daily.

Without _______________I can do nothing.

If my relationship with ______________is tight, it’s going to show and
I will be a w____________ to my community.

I Will Apply What I Have Learned

My number one goal will be to abide in Jesus. It must be a priority.
If I mess up, I will ask for forgiveness and continue on, remembering
God’s love is unconditional.

My relationship with HIM will be the factor in serving my community.
Everything I do, I will do as if working for Him. Paul said it so well, “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23 NLT

Dear God,
It is my heart’s desire to abide in You so that I might bear fruit and  be a witness to those in my community. Prompt me to stay connect through reading the Word and Prayer-time with you. Remind me that whatever I do, I’m really working to glorify you. In Jesus Name, Amen.








Comments

Popular Posts